Could anyone help me out with the Morphology?

تقليص
X

• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة
  • lolitta
    عضو منتسب
    • Nov 2008

Could anyone help me out with the Morphology?

<h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3">Slam all of you </font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3">first of all i'm happy to be a member of this amazing forum </font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3"><font color="#339966">May Allah bless you all</font> </font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3">I'm Studying <font color="#339966">Applied Linguistics</font> at college and i've a problem with the <font color="#339966">Morphology</font> .Unfortunately, <font color="#339966">my Dr</font>. confused us with alot of different and wrong answers according to what i've read about this subjcet and she even doesn't bother herself to answer our questions I've Quiz this Monday and i really wanna understand how we can divide the words I mean according to what we're gonna have <font color="#339966">one morpheme or 2 or 3 etc</font>... I'll give you some examples for what i've done with my last assignment</font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3"> <font color="#339966">proposal</font></font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3"> i divied it for 2 morphemes (<font color="#339966">propose</font>) is the base/root and (<font color="#339966">al</font>) is the suffix</font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3"> Inequality</font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3"> <font color="#339966">in</font>- is the prefix <font color="#339966">equal</font> -is the root/base <font color="#339966">ity</font>- is the suffix and she said that I was wrong then she changed her mind and said that it could has more than one answer </font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3">So, I'm really confused now and don't know what to do .Our book is so useful and simplified but she makes everything seems harder If enyone has any idea about <font color="#339966">Morphology</font> i hope s/he could help me out and answers my <font color="#339966">Q</font> According to How we're gonna divide the words to morphemes</font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3"> Is it according to their meanings or what??? </font></h6><h6 align="justify"><font color="#339966" size="3">Thanks for all of you</font></h6>
    La senora Lolitta
  • AhmedAlGhaithi
    عضو منتسب
    • Mar 2008

_MD_RE: Could anyone help me out with the Morphology?

Dear sir,

I don't know what you mean but I 'll try to make it clear to you.
    As you know there is not thing impossible if you want to learn.

Before we start ask yourself what is morpheme?
    A morpheme is the minimal distinctive unit of grammar and central concern of morphology and it is also a meaningful unit of grammar.

Kind of morpheme

1- free morpheme is one which can stand alone as a word on it's own it also his meaning e.g boy.. vital.. love .. nation and so on

2-a bound morpheme is one which can not stand alone and we must add following
    Re .ed.tion .ing. s.
    Notes a bound morpheme is meaningless unless it is attached to a word

Affixe and root
    Central morpheme called root
    Affixe coming before the root are called prefixe and these coming after the root called suffixe

Affixe are always bound morpheme

In English roots nearly always free

e.g un-happy ,,un-will ,un-sound ,,,,,,,,,those are prefixe

read-ing ,, happi-ly ,,,,strong-er ,,,,,,,those are suffixe
    AHMED

تعليق

يعمل...
    X